Load custom maps from a local folder. Maps can be selected and launched from an in-game UI.
- Note: This plugin only supports loading map for single player training purposes and does not work for multiplayer games.
How to add a map
- Download the map files from steam workshop or any other source.
- Create a folder inside your local maps directory and name it to the map name. This is the name that shows up in the in-game UI
- Here is what the custom map folder looks like with some maps inside it - (Screenshot)[https://imgur.com/SigmRxh]
- Extract the udk/upk map file and any preview image files into this newly created map folder
- Example image of Leth Giant Rings map folder - (Screenshot)[https://imgur.com/KO7yyH5]
Configuring custom map folder
- In the Bakkesmod settings window, a new entry will be added for "Custom Map Loader".
- Open the Custom map loader window using the button in that bakkesmod in game settings section (F2 key)
- Paste local custom maps folder path into the input field and click "Refresh Maps". You can now see a grid of available maps in the next window tab.
- Select the map you want to launch and click "Launch Map".
- You can add key binds from the bakkesmod in game settings (F2) for ease of use. These are the two console commands available
- togglemenu custom_map_loader - open / close the custom map loader UI
- cml_load_custom_map - load the selected custom map (if a map is selected)
- Example binds you can copy paste into your bakkesmod cfg/binds.cfg file. Binds F1 for opening the custom map UI and F4 for launching selected map.
- bind F1 "togglemenu custom_map_loader; "
- bind F4 "cml_load_custom_map; "