Visualize and self-check accuracy of joystick inputs, externally configured deadzone shape and sensitivity, etc.
Joysticks input accuracy tends to degrade over time. Effects of a joystick degrading may be subtle such as just feeling "off" or blatant in severe cases such as no longer being able to half-flip consistently as was the case for me which prompted making this plugin in the first place.
- Joystick should trace smooth and consistent lines
- Jagged/inconsistent traces may indicate controller needs to be repaired/replaced. Try using compressed air to clean out sensor
- Try rotating joystick all the way around edge in a circle
- Default deadzone shape and sensitivity should trace a circle
- Setting a higher sensitivity with an external tool (such as DS4Win or Steam controller config) will increase size of circle and cut off edges
- A squared deadzone (changed in Steam controller config) should instead trace a square
- NOTE: In-game sensitivity is NOT reflected in visualization
When half-flips were becoming very inconsistent/difficult because inputs were inaccurate/inconsistent along top and bottom edges: https://gyazo.com/00e860bc9d15f18aa7aa19362e05ae16
What things should look like with a brand new controller:
- Square deadzone: https://gyazo.com/eb430b6eccb71f8f9c74d820da2d5d57
- Default circle deadzone: https://gyazo.com/53ac93def6f79823e14cc644638f49b3
Another controller after 6 months of [ab]use: https://streamable.com/bzf59
Created by Discord: AlpacaFlightSim#0001 / Twitter: @AlpacaFlightSim